Windham County Sheriff's Office
PO Box 266 Newfane, VT 05345

Posted by: Mark Anderson on 01/10/2008

Civilian Fingerprinting

Our office serves as Windham County's civilian fingerprinting station. Be it a work related background checks,related to adoption, or other non-criminal need, the Windham County Sheriff's Office is able to assist.

Sign-up:Call 802-365-4942 or


Hours by appointment:

We schedule by appointment only, offering most days of the week when resources are available. Dates and times vary based on demand.

Fee: $35.00

The Windham County Sheriff's Department serves as the County Fingerprint station for employment, adoption and licensing. We use a State-of-the-Art AFIS fingerprinting computer that provides a quick and efficient result in a few minutes, without the mess of fingerprinting inks.Fingerprinting services are done by appointment only. Appointments on other days are performed on a case-by-case basis. Our office is located at 11 Jail Street, Newfane VT. You must have an appointment to be fingerprinted.


Applicants seeking finger prints for a background check through the VERMONT CRIMINAL INFORMATION CENTER (VCIC) must bring a Fingerprint Authorization Certificate (FAC), signed by the requesting organization at the time of the fingerprinting. i.e.: prints for school, adoption, security guards, NCPA employment or volunteers. Applicants seeking fingerprints for in state or out of state companies that provide their own specific fingerprint cards should not fill them out. Applicants with cards filled out may be charged additional fees. We do supply the federal applicant cards (Form 258) for states and companies requesting prints on that form. All applicants must have two (2) form’s of ID. One must be a Photo Drivers license or other government issued ID i.e.: DOD ID, permanent resident ID, or a passport.